Monday, July 5, 2010

Daniel Fastin it up!

            You may have noticed that the majority of my posts on this blog have been well, sweet. And while living on the sweeter side of life is fun for a little while I think I have to relate it to my trouble sleeping, sluggishness, and of course, craving more sugar. Just because I will be getting rid of sugar doesn't mean being a vegan will not be sweet, in fact quite the opposite! I can't wait to have the awesome feeling of being rid of sugar and its nasty side effects. The feeling of balance and satisfaction I feel from eating whole and unprocessed foods way out weighs the momentary pleasure of those yucky foods that don't give me so much pleasure later. 
           When I first did the Daniel Fast it was in a way related to sugar but also to food in general. Since my first fast and becoming vegan I feel completely different about food and about myself all together. I can honestly say that the Daniel Fast changed my life and I loved those three weeks. (Maybe not the first week, but definitely towards the end! :) ) For this next one I feel completely different going into it, I'm excited but I'm also excited about the fact that my Dad will be doing it with me this time! The Fast is really healthy but that can not be the only reason for doing it, or else its just another diet, the Fast has to be for a spiritual purpose. My spiritual purpose on this fast will be one- to create a morning routine of bible reading and sitting at My Father's feet soaking in His presence. And two- prayer for healing for my Dad's blood pressure. Then for the food side of it, my goal is to be rid of sugar and processed foods and feel more balanced.
        So I won't be doing a daily post as I did last time but there will be updates! Also since the dessert posts will be stopping for at least three weeks, you will be seeing some of the yummy "Daniel Fast approved" foods I'll be creating. 
     It begins tomorrow! I have to be honest though I'm sitting here enjoying the last of my ABC cookies as I type this :) But if anyone (of three readers hehe) is interested in joining us feel free to ask me about it or visit Here. Can't wait for tomorrow but I will savor every crumb of my cookie! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hannah - for someone so young, you sure do inspire this old gramma. I'm doing it with you, and for your first two reasons. You know how I worry about your dad - so I'll be right along with you mornings and mealtimes. I'm going to go to Lifeway and pick up the book - or maybe stop at Publix first, I noticed one on their bookshelf at Chelsea Place. I also read your Consider blog last evening and was once again blown away by the depth of your precious life, thinking, being.

    ReplyDelete