Sunday, July 25, 2010

Almost Done.

          In one way I can't believe these three weeks will be over tomorrow and in the other way I've been ready for it. I can't deny that I feel better on this fast, but I must admit that I've been trying to suppress my desire for "normal", sugary, delicious food on my own. My first fast I knew from my previous failed attempts at dieting that the only way I could do this was total reliance on God, but this one I guess I just thought it would be easier since I wasn't giving up as much. One of my goals for this fast was establishing a mourning routine of prayer and devotion which I sort of did. I skipped some mornings because I woke up too late or stayed the night at a friends or whatever, but I have loved setting apart that time on the mornings I did and hope to continue improving on that. However with my first one my devotions were all centered around the fast or the principles of the fast and these devotions were what I would have done normally. Which was fine, I'm learning how much I need the word everyday and how it sustains me and fills me up, but it didn't relate to my physical surrender so my fast was more of a diet this time. I forgot how much I need to fill up on The Word and the Holy Spirit in my surrender in order to connect the body, soul, and spirit. My body is made from this world and will return to this world and wants things of this world. If I'm trying to turn away from the things that my body wants, then I better have my spirit and soul completely focused on Him. Everything I try to do on my own even if its something good like dieting, will fail. Without taking my body under control of taking every thought captive to focus on Christ, I can do nothing. Regardless of what I'm doing, in order to live the way God calls us to live, my body, soul, and spirit must be focused on Him, and in surrender to Him. 


"Jesus looked at them and said, "with man this is impossible, but with God ALL things are possible."
Matthew 19:26

No comments:

Post a Comment