Friday, May 21, 2010

Vegan Comforts

          One of my favorite things to do since going veg has been finding great restaurants and health stores that are vegan friendly, and boy has it opened my eyes and my palate! I never even knew these wonderful places were out there until I looked for them. My Gramma and I have dinner together every once in a while and she has been amazing in finding some of my new favorites! 
         The first one she took me to was called "Unconsciousness Blossom" and it was all vegetarian with plenty of vegan options. I was still vegetarian when I went there but going there was one of the factors that contributed to my veganism. I just loved the atmosphere and I left feeling light and good after a meal when usually I felt sluggish and stuffed after eating out. Then after making the leap to vegan I began looking for other places like this and it took me to awesome health stores, one which has a little cafe where I found my the BEST cookies in the world! They're filled with oats and chocolate and teeny tiny almond peaces and OH MY GOODNESS I love them. They're a lot on the sweet side so it's a once in a while treat but still, yummolicious. 
        Then tonight my Gramma and I went to a place called "Zen Forest" which she also found (go Gramma!) and it was so so tasty. I wish I had some pictures but I'll still share the delicousness with you :) I started with Tai (?) tea which was super good and sweet and we had Edamame and a salad with lots of sprouts and red cabbage and other goodies covered in a sesame dressing. Then for dinner we both had pan fried tofu (she ate vegan for the night, woo hoo!) but hers was a coconut type dressing and mine was more spicy asian. More yummies. And for desert, dun du du DUH... tofu mousse! So rich and delicious! The meal was amazing, a little heavy on the sugar side, but a little indulgence is sweet! :)
     I guess one of the reason I love these places and all the vegan blogs I've become obsessed with is because with all the things that aren't vegan friendly its rejuvenating to find places and people that are. Another reason I get excited all over again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment