Thursday, May 20, 2010

Feeling Good!

        With prom this Saturday (woah!!) I've been trying to eat extra healthy in order to feel really great that night, so I've been following the detox plan from the blog plateandsimple.com since Sunday and I do feel great! Though I haven't been doing the greens, one because they're really expensive and two because I tried it and am still deciding how I feel about it. I got one with a little fruit in it too so I'll see if I can stomach that one :) I also broke down today because I hadn't had chocolate in forever and I was at the health food store getting cashews and they had these adorable bite size vegan chocolates, and I couldn't resist!


        Earlier this week I cooked up some garbanzo beans and yesterday I turned them into some hummus, well sort of. I whipped them up in a food processor with some oil and garlic salt and pepper, but I think it was really tasty!
          I didn't really add enough oil and I didn't put in any garlic so it didn't blend but I think it was healthier this way.
I also cooked up some Bulgar wheat and got some Chard leaves (weird name, but tasty) and used that with some tomato and my hummus to make this!

                             

                             
             I had it for dinner last night and lunch today it was so good!
          And then I went to the health food store again and got some huge roasted cashews which has been one of my cravings lately. This might show you why!
                                                   MMMhhm. 


            I got a gift card to Amazon so I got two vegan cookbooks which I am SUPER excited about. 
           The first one was Vegan With A Vengeance and the second was Vegan Cupcakes Invade Your Cookie Jar both by the same author, Isa Chandra Moskowitz and both look AMAZING. I have to be honest though I'm more excited for the cookie one! They should come in next week so expect some taunting pictures and some free cookies! I hope to be baking and cooking all the time since I'll be done with school and have lots of time to do and I'll be happy to give them out for opinions and smiles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment