Saturday, June 12, 2010

Good sweets and not so good sweets

             Recently I've been on a baked good kick which I'm going to kick in the but and actually cook (I just ordered my rice cooker!) but for now it's been fun... and sweet!


I had some puffed rice which I needed to use and I had made the rice treats from The Kind Life but I wanted to change it a little bit. So in these there's puffed rice, oats, brown rice syrup, agave nectar, ground flaxseed, banana and peanut butter. They're a good alternative to granola bars and no sugar!



Then I wanted to turn it into a healthy oatmeal cookie, so I looked at a couple other recipes and made my own. They're pretty yummy and guilt free since they also have no sugar, but are still just sweet enough.
The "wet" ingredients include almond butter, applesauce, soy milk, vanilla, ground flaxseed, brown rice syrup, and agave nectar. Then the dry is whole wheat flour, oats, flax seed, baking soda, cinnamon, chopped almonds, and chopped apple pieces. 

(Pre-oven)


Look at all that wholesome goodness

Now for the not so good ones. These are delicious but by no means healthy. I was just craving something chocolatey and peanut buttery so this is what I came up with. Its just dark chocolate mixed with peanut butter and melted in the microwave. Then I crushed some pretzels and covered them in the mix and added some more dark chocolate chips and unmelted peanut butter to make it all stick together. Let them sit in the freezer for a little while and then you have a very tasty treat!


So hopefully that will end the sweets and I can make some good for you good food! :)

2 comments:

  1. oh dear... looks like I'm going to have to make my own desserts if I'm craving any this fall...
    jk i love you roomie! and this food i'm sure is just as marvelous as the amazing vegan cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha well I'm going to WOW you with all of my vegan recipes lol. Can't wait to be roomies!

    ReplyDelete