Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dinner at Grammas!

          I actually cooked my first vegan meal last night! (With a little help from my Gramma, she was the Su Chef) ;) I've made little things like rice and beans, but this an actual recipe that we sort of followed. I should have read the instructions the whole through first, but lessoned learned. Any who I got the recipes from Ina Chandra Moskowitz's book Vegan With a Vengeance. We made Mango-Ginger Tofu, Sweet Potato Fries, and Quinoa with a giant strawberry for desert. It was so much fun to cook it! And Improvising was interesting too. The tofu was suppose to be marinated for over an hour at least so we nixed that and just fried the tofu and turned the marinade into a sauce to put on top by not adding all the juices. And we cut the sweet potatoes more like suns instead of fries but I'm sure they tasted the same. Put the tofu and sauce over the quinoa (if you want to) and gobble it all up! We did! 


Can't wait to cook more! Especially from Ina's cookbooks, they're awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment