Friday, April 23, 2010

More SUHweets!

             I really want to make some more real food, but these recipes are just so tempting! I got the recipe for the peanut butter cups in The Kind Diet again but I had to alter it a little because I'm a cheapo and didn't want to buy everything. The recipe called for graham cracker crumbs but all we had was the chocolate ones so I used those, which was still good. And I didn't use the maple sugar because it was a whopping twenty dollars! Yeah, so I just used turbinado sugar which I haven't tried them with maple sugar, but I'm sure it was a similiar taste, its still sweet right?! BUT while I was at the health store getting the ingredients, they have a little cafe where they have vegan chocolate chip cookies that have oats and almonds in it too and I couldn't resist. It was seriously the best cookie I have ever eaten. So yummy. So heres a picture of that and my try at the peanut butter cups! 


Some interesting things about the peanut butter cups...
Like I said I'm cheap and thought we had muffin tins had home so didn't get any. We didn't. So I made them with parchment paper. 
Second thing was I couldn't get the chocolate to spread on the melted peanut butter so I just plopped the chocolate in the middle and called them inside out peanut butter cups!                      
I snuck one before I took the picture! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment