Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Breakfast Cookies!

    No not really... Just breakfast AND cookies :)


    I've been on an oatmeal kick lately, especially with the breeze thats been a blowin and making it really feel like fall here, oatmeal is a great comfort food! Especially with bananas, almond butter, walnuts, and cinnamon.. mmm. I've been doing something with the banana though that I never thought of and it makes it taste like Banana Bread pudding, its so good. You just cook the oatmeal as normal and then you add a banana, mash it up really good until its like baby food and stir it in, and then put it back in the microwave for around 30 seconds. Don't knock it til you try it! Then add the rest of the fixins. 


      Now for the COOKIES! 
      These are whole wheat goodness. Well if you're like me and like healthier tasting stuff. They just have less sugar and are made with whole wheat flour... duh? But my room mate approves.. I think ;) Its the recipe in Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar by Isa Moskowitz, my favorite vegan. Feast your eyes on these babies!

 


Thats it for now... Enjoy your first day of fall!






2 comments: